12 February 2013

Redesign

This will be immediately obvious to all repeat readers (hi guys!) but I've changed templates. My design tastes have changed far too much in the last five years (!!) to keep plugging away with the old theme.

As necessary as it may be I have a deep and abiding hatred of cross-browser testing born during the dark days of the IE/NN Browser War. I've only given my customizations a cursory once-over, so if you see something that looks out of whack (I'm thinking especially of the footnotes I've floated to the right*)
Like this one.
please let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Much easier to read. It looks nice. Although, as you are probably aware, all blogs look the same in google reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's kind of a shame that I have no control over how my content appears in Reader, but it would be unbearable if I had read one format after another to another every time I keyed down to the next item.

      Delete
  2. Black text on white background = readability WIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was getting to the point where I couldn't stand reading my own white-on-black posts, so I had no idea why I would expect other people to.

      (BTW Very dark grey on white = even better in my opinion.)

      Delete
  3. Aaah! Change!

    It scares me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omnia mutantur, friend. Omnia mutantur. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice redesign. I think that blogs that use black backgrounds can be a bit intimidating to some people - maybe it is the goth image, or maybe one wonders whether the blog author has a some deep dark issues that he/she is struggling to deal with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I won't rule out me having some lurking psychological issues ;) but I don't think I can blame the dark color scheme for that.

      I barely remember what I was thinking back when I picked the theme, but in all likelihood I was so used to starting at black terminal windows with light text that it looked normal to me.

      Delete