26 April 2011

Dream Country

Book Club: Neil Gaiman's 'The Sandman: Dream Country,' Part One : Monkey See : NPR

I don't think I mentioned it, though I meant to weeks ago, but NPR's pop culture blog has selected one of the collections of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman as the next book in their online book club. (You can get it at Amazon or Heavy Ink for $12.)

If you haven't read comics before, this is a great opportunity to try some out. Linda Holmes, the blogger playing the role of discussion leader here, is self-admittedly unfamiliar with the medium, so it's a great and safe way to get your feet wet. She enlisted the help of Glen Weldon for his comics experience.

And of course The Sandman is truly a staggering work of genius, so it's got that going for it. This particular collection (Dream Country) isn't my favorite, but I completely understand why they chose it for new readers.  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment