26 April 2010

I guess I'm the weirdo at the library today

I picked up a copy of Humpday from the library this morning, and the dude at the circulation desk sneered at me with a look that said "what kind of pervert movie is this, and who do you think you are checking out this kind of thing from a public library where kids go?"

Granted, the cover art of this DVD is a little... well see for yourself.  I don't find it scandalous, but it's obviously no Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.


After getting the dirty look I wanted to tell the guy, buddy, I got this from YOUR library. Don't look at me like I'm some weirdo; you all are the ones who stocked it. Take it up with the collection librarian or something.

This isn't an isolated incident. I've gotten the same thing four or five times, most recently from a collection of Frank Cho's Liberty Meadows comic strips.


Sure, Frank Cho likes to draw some busty ladies, but it's a comic strip that ran in the Washington Post, not a publication known for putting out vapid dirt.  Accept perhaps for E.J. Dionne's op-ed column.  BAZINGA!

I jest, I jest.  He's actually damn right about Arizona's new immigration laws, for instance.  I'm with Radley Balko that the state Tea Party association supporting this law and asking Joe Arpaio to be their keynote speaker is szichophrenic insanity.

I know this is hardly the most intellectually stimulating post, but what's a blog for if not complaining about people after letting the opportunity slip in real life?

No comments:

Post a Comment