09 October 2009

LOLbama

Are you F***ing kidding me?



Here's something I meant to post a couple of days ago, but never got around to publishing. It demonstrates what an uncompromising voice for justice and peace Obama has been in the nine months he's been Fearless Leader.
The Cranky Professor
October 6, 2009:
In April 2008, [Obama] was joined by Hillary Clinton, then his rival for the Democratic nomination and now his Secretary of State, in calling on George W Bush to boycott the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony in protest at the bloody repression of a popular uprising in Tibet.

But now?

Barack Obama cancels meeting with Dalai Lama 'to keep China happy'
Gotta love that backbone. Really committed to the cause.

(Also, the Dalai Lama was the Peace Prize laureate in 1989. Apparently snubbing previous winners is now a favored way to create peace.)

I really didn't think it would be possible for me to respect the Peace Prize committee less than I already did, but they've really outdone themselves this time. Look elsewhere for serious criticism and commentary; I'm too busy facepalming.

(Image from bdunbar)

No comments:

Post a Comment