20 September 2009

Cowen on Blogging (Edited)

Marginal Revolution | How should economists integrate their personal and professional lives?:

In many ways the core of blogging is a willingness to apply what you know to every problem you encounter, and see how good a job you can do of it in a more or less integrated fashion.
Bingo.

Edited to add: That sounds right to me, but it also necessarily entails going out on limbs you're not so sure of. I try not to judge bloggers by whether they are always right about what they post, but whether their contributions are a net positive to my understanding. (Or really, that's how I try to judge my own contributions. I'm pretty sure I don't have the whole story about ND's Econ department, but I think that I'm probably more right than not, and that's enough for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment