09 July 2009

Stereo Jungle Child

Let's counter act some of that ranty bitterness in the last post with some throwback music video goodness, shall we?

First up in the rotation is Patty Smyth and Scandal, with their 1984 classic "The Warrior."

How wonderfully 80's. I didn't think it was possible for this thing to be weirder, and then I found out that it's apparently Bjork's favorite song. If anyone can make something weirder by association, Bjork can.

If I magically gained musical talent and then started a garage rock band here in DC I would rip off Patty Smyth and call us The Scandal, mostly so I could title our album "Rocked the Beltway" because I have a hard on for band name/album title combination that are complete sentences.

Moving on, we have Annie Lenox's "Walking on Broken Glass," which was a staple of the rotation at my Thursday night bar in undergrad, Finny's. I already had a soft spot in my heart for it, and then I found out the music video starred John Malkovich and Hugh Laurie. Hugh Laurie! I love it. If I was a modern day Crassus I would pay Hugh Laurie to put on that 18th Century Blackadder costume and just hang out with me. I wouldn't even want him to pretend to be in character. Just dress up weird and hang around. It would be so surreal.

Apparently I can't embed the video (who disables that? What's the point?), but it needs to be seen. Go check it out.

1 comment:

  1. No freakin' way! Hugh Laurie! Now fighting urge to rewatch that season of Blackadder...

    ReplyDelete