28 July 2009

Do as I say, not as I do

Dispatches from TJICistan | live simply, so that others may simply live

Noted leftist Thomas Friedman has a modest house:
http://planetgore.nationalreview.com/pos…

Should I be annoyed at the hypocrisy of pro-solar Friedman having naught but composite tar and gravel shingles on his roof, or should I be happy, because at least more utility isn’t being destroyed by putting on an uneconomic hair shirt?
I remember when that house was built. They tore down three (four?) already massive residences to make room for it. I didn't realize it was Friedman's at the time (or maybe it wasn't until later).

On a personal note, the first time I got drunk I was about 400 feet away from this house.


View Larger Map

Villa Friedman is that white-ish complex just to the left of center. See the kidney-shaped pool due east? That's the scene of the crime. Bacardi Limón all night long.

I never touched that stuff again. [Shudders in disgust]

No comments:

Post a Comment